The legal details about the End of Life take-back service
The EU-Directive 2000/53/EG concerning the take-back of end-of-life vehicles has been implemented in the UK through the end-of-life vehicle legislation and its relevant provisions. The UK regulations came into force on 3rd March 2005.
Terms and conditions for free of charge take-back
Since the legislation came into force, you have, as our customers (last holder of the vehicle) the opportunity to return your used vehicle to the manufacturer. Your vehicle must fulfil the following requirements:
1. It must be either:
- A passenger vehicle with a maximum of 9 seats
- A commercial vehicle with a maximum weight of 3.5 tonnes
2. From 1st January 2007 all vehicles became eligible for free of charge take-back. However, the vehicle must also fulfil the following criteria for this free of charge service:
- All significant components such as the engine (motor, gearbox etc), chassis, body work, catalytic converter or electronic control unit are present in the vehicle.
- There is no waste in the vehicle
- The vehicle is or was registered in a member state of the European Union for a minimum duration of one month.
- The vehicle registration documents are submitted with the vehicle